Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.
CeCe Gaines | News Reporter
- Today from 10 a.m. – noon there will be an official celebration for the new Legacy patio on the east side of the Brushaber Commons. Stop by for a short video and refreshments.
- Swing by the Eastlund room at 8:45 a.m. or the Cultural Connection Center at 2 p.m. for an interactive presentation by national certified global career development facilitator Robyn Afrik as she speaks on identity and neighborhood.
- The Minnesota Wild’s new coach, Bruce Boudreau, is excited to start training camp with his team Friday. Find out who the No. 1 center will be and more facts here.
- According to the StarTribune, microscopic pieces of plastic and synthetics are building up in the bottom of the Mississippi River in the metro area. Most fragments are artificial materials. Read the full story here.
National and World News
- Nearly 1.5 million went without power in Puerto Rico as of Wednesday night. Business closures and traffic jams have been a result of the outage, according to CNN. The outage may last for hours.
- A civilian died Wednesday night at a civil rights protest in Charlotte, N.C. Police say the death resulted from a confrontation with another civilian. More updates posted here.
- Not sure if you’re registered to vote Nov. 8? Check here for information on voting, candidates and issues.
Want to subscribe to Quick News? Click here.
0 comments on “Thursday Quick News”