Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.
CeCe Gaines | News Reporter
- Controversy over graffiti on the rock in Kresge courtyard prompted protests and a gathering in the Brushaber Commons Wednesday. Read the story here.
- Cheer on campus women at the powderpuff game tonight at 7 p.m. on the practice football field!
- For all the coffee lovers out there, today is National Coffee Day! Swing by 3900 Grill or Royal Grounds for $1 coffee (8oz) all day.
- According to the Pioneer Press, a Minnesota flight paramedic is fighting for his life after a medical helicopter crash. Paramedic, Miles Weske was in the back seat of the helicopter when it crashed north of the Alexandria Municipal Airport around 2 a.m. Others in the helicopter are in serious condition. The cause of the crash is under investigation. Read the full story here.
- If you’re a foodie, then you will be glad to hear that St. Paul will be home to 17 restaurants under construction. According to the Pioneer Press, these restaurants will either have their grand opening or showing of their major remodels soon or in the next few months. Read more here.
National and World News
- According to CNN, a California community is outraged after an unarmed black man is killed by a police officer. Alfred Okwera Olango, 38 pointed a vape smoking device at an officer before he was shot by one officer and tased by another. Read more updates here.
- A South Carolina teenager is responsible for opening fire at an elementary school playground, according to CNN. The suspect wounded two students and a teacher, and is also responsible for the death of his father. Read the full story here
- First lady Michelle Obama had a lot to say about Donald Trump at La Salle University in Philadelphia, according to CNN. She informed Hillary supporters, “We need an adult in the White House.” Read more of her opinion here.
- Not sure if you’re registered to vote Nov. 8? Check here for information on voting, candidates and issues.
Want to subscribe to Quick News? Click here.