Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.
Callie Schmidt | News Reporter
- Today is National Taco Day! The Dining Center will be serving:
Vegetarian Taco Soup
House Taco Bar
Chicken Soft Tacos
Pork Carnitas Soft Tacos
Chicken Taco Salad
Taco Snowshoe Pizza
- 3900 Grill will be serving:
Seasoned Beef Taco Panini (on flatbread)
- Royal Grounds will be serving:
Choco Tacos (house-made)
- Head over to CC313 tonight at 6 p.m. for a panel on Racism, Trauma, Agency, Jesus and Reconciliation. Reconciliation professor Dr. Claudia May will be facilitating the discussion.
- Property tax levies and residential property taxes are going up in St. Paul. According to Pioneer Press, however, the biggest increases are in the poorest neighborhoods rather than the richest. Read more here.
- Six people were injured in downtown Minneapolis in two likely gang-related shootings. According to Pioneer Press, police have arrested a suspect but are unsure which shooting the person may have been involved in.
National and World News
- The New York Times published parts of Trump’s tax returns they received from an anonymous source. The documents show he declared a $916 million loss in 1995 due to bad business deals, meaning that he legally could have avoided paying millions in federal income tax for 18 years.
- The Trump Foundation was also ordered to stop fundraising by the New York attorney general’s office because the foundation is violating the law by soliciting donations without proper certification. Read more here.
- Not sure if you’re registered to vote Nov. 8? Check here for information on voting, candidates and issues. If you’re unsure of where you fall on the political spectrum, take this quiz to find out.
Want to subscribe to Quick News? Click here.