Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.
CeCe Gaines | News Reporter
- The Clarion’s special issue on Black Lives Matter comes out on newsstands today. Go pick up a copy!
- Don’t miss ‘PrimeTime’ today from 10:20-11 a.m. in the University library. Leah Fulton and Ruben Rivera define and explore microaggressions.
- Looking for something to do over fall break? The Bethel men’s soccer team plays Saint John’s University Saturday at 3:30 p.m. in Collegeville. The football team plays Carleton College at 1 p.m. in Northfield. The women’s soccer team plays College of Saint Benedict at 1 p.m. in St. Joseph
- For those of you excited to go Black Friday shopping this year; you may want to cross the Mall of America off your list of places to go. The mall announced they will be closed on Thanksgiving, according to the Pioneer Press. Read why the nation’s largest shopping mall made this decision here.
- An international sex-slave ring ran at least seven ‘houses of prostitution’ in the Twin Cities, according to the Pioneer Press. Read more about how the ring operated, and how prevalent trafficking is in Minnesota here.
National and World News
- According to the New York Times, call centers in India posed as the I.R.S to cheat U.S. taxpayers. Read how long the operation lasted and how much money they managed to steal here.
- Read as John Schwartz, a New York Times science writer answers reader’s questions about Hurricane Matthew.
- Not sure if you’re registered to vote Nov. 8? Check here for information on voting, candidates and issues. If you’re unsure of where you fall on the political spectrum, take this quiz to find out.
Want to subscribe to Quick News? Click here.
0 comments on “Thursday, Oct. 6”