Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.
Kylie Gregory | News Reporter
- Come to the Wind Symphony Fall Concert tonight at 7:30 p.m. in Benson Great Hall! Admission is free.
- If Wind Symphony isn’t for you, come see Mixed Blood Theater’s Corazón Eterno (Always in My Heart), a bilingual play brought to Bethel by Intercultural Student Programs and Services and United Cultures of Bethel. The performance is at 7 p.m. tonight.
- CenTrav, a company providing individual and group air to travel retailers, will be recruiting students to join their enthusiastic team today in the BC.
- Riding the bus? Download the brand new Metro Transit app to pay for your bus ticket from your smartphone! Both Android and iPhones are supported, as stated by the Star Tribune. Read more about the new app here.
- According to Pioneer Press, a pregnant poodle in Lancaster, Minn. recently gave birth to 16 puppies, tying for the record of largest litter for the breed. Read more about Crystal and her plentiful pups here.
- Can’t get enough ramen in your life? St. Paul’s first ramen-only restaurant is now open on Selby Ave. and Victoria Street, as stated by the Pioneer Press. Click here for more info on their menu items and hours.
National and World News
- The U.S. government fears hackers from Russia or elsewhere may try to undermine next week’s presidential election. According to NBC News, an enormous effort is being led by the White House and Department of Homeland Security to defend the system from any cyber attacks. Read more about what our government is doing to prepare here.
- Britain’s plans to leave the European Union came to a full stop yesterday, as the High Court ruled that the government can’t start exit negotiations without a vote in Parliament. Fox News has the full story on the Brexit brick wall here.
- The Chicago Cubs won their first World Series in 108 years at last night’s game at Progressive Field in Cleveland, making history by defeating the Cleveland Indians 8-7 in the 10th inning, according to CNN. Read more on how the Cubs broke their so called “curse” here.
- Election Day is less than a week away. Check here for information on voting, candidates and issues. If you’re unsure of where you fall on the political spectrum, take this quiz to find out.