Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.
ABBY PETERSEN | NEWS EDITOR
- The English department announced the Jerry Healy Poetry Prize where students can submit poetry for prizes up to $200. Submissions accepted here until March 8.
- Thanksgiving break begins Wednesday. The dorms will not be closed.
- The manslaughter charges brought against St. Anthony police officer Jeronimo Yanez will be fought by a group of attorneys assembled by Ramsey County Attorney John Choi, according to the StarTribune. Read more here regarding the future trial.
- The Minnesota Vikings beat the Arizona Cardinals Sunday 30-24, according to the StarTribune. Read about the game here.
- A man robbed the U.S. Bank inside Lunds and Byerlys on County Road C, less than three miles from Bethel, Nov. 14, according to LillieNews. Police are still searching for the suspect.
National and World News
- President-elect Donald Trump demanded an apology from the cast of “Hamilton” after Vice President-elect heard a message from the cast members during the curtain call, according to the Washington Post. Read more here.
- Trump met with possible cabinet members including New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach Sunday, according to NPR. Trump also met with Marine Corps Gen. James Mattis Saturday. Read the full story here.