Tuesday, Nov. 22
Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.
CALLIE SCHMIDT | NEWS REPORTER
- Head to the Monson Dining Center today between 11 a.m. and 2:15 p.m. for a special Thanksgiving lunch. The Sodexo team will be giving away twelve pumpkin pies in their annual Thanksgiving raffle.
- Thanksgiving break begins Wednesday. The dorms will not be closed.
- A violent anti-Clinton message was spotted on a van on I-94 Nov. 9, according to the StarTribune. The driver will face no federal charges. Read the full story here.
- Jacob Wetterling’s killer Danny Heinrich was sentenced to 20 years in prison Monday after confessing weeks ago to abducting, assaulting and murdering Wetterling in October of 1989. Read more from the StarTribune here.
National and World News
- Japan experienced a 7.4-magnitude earthquake in the Fukushima region. According to The Washington Post, the earthquake was felt 160 miles south of the epicenter in Tokyo.
- According to The New York Times, President-elect Donald J. Trump released a YouTube video outlining his initial goals of his presidency rather than hold a press conference. Trump said he plans to create jobs and wealth for American citizens. Read more here.