Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.
Abby Petersen | News Editor
- BBEA will show the movie Moneyball in CC313 on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.
- Bethel hosted a discussion and meeting on tuition prices Nov. 18 in the Underground. Watch the video of the meeting here.
- Somali-American Halima Aden wore a “burkini” in the Miss Minnesota Pageant on Saturday night, according to the StarTribune. She made it to the semifinal round. Read the full story here.
- The body of a Minnesota man was found Thanksgiving day in Dodge Nature Preserve, according to the Pioneer Press. Police are investigating for a possible homicide. Read more here.
- A bus driver in Moorhead left 20 kids in an industrial park Nov. 22 after saying he was “fed up” with them, according to the Pioneer Press. Read more about what happened here.
National and World News
- President-elect Donald Trump berated Hillary Clinton on Sunday via Twitter for supporting a recount effort in Wisconsin, according to The Washington Post. Trump also tweeted that he believed Clinton benefited from voter fraud on Election Day.
- Former Cuban leader Fidel Castro died Friday at the age of 90, according to The New York Times. Read more on Castro’s life here.
- One person was killed and nine were injured in a shooting in New Orleans on Sunday morning, according to Fox News. Read the full story here.