Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.
Zac Villarreal | News Reporter
- Bethel University’s 60th Festival of Christmas continues tonight at 7:30 p.m, followed by two performances Saturday at 2:00 p.m and 7:30 p.m. The festival features performances from the Bethel choir, Men’s Choir, Women’s Choir, Wind Symphony, Festival Orchestra and the Handbell Ensemble..
- Student Activities will be having the Bethel Christmas dinner today from 5-10 p.m. at Chippewa Middle School. Dinner will be provided from Chick-fil-A, Buca, Cane’s and more. Busing will be provided from the RC steps.
- Bethel women’s hockey team prepares for a weekend series against St. Catherine University tonight at 7:30 p.m.
- St. Paul mayor of the last decade, Chris Coleman, will not run for reelection, according to the Star Tribune. Read the full article here.
- St. Paul police released a video to local immigrants in four languages telling them ‘Don’t be afraid to call us’ in an effort to show support, according to the Pioneer Press. Take a look at the video here.
- Two Mounds View High School students were killed in a car accident at the intersection of Highway 10 and Old Highway 96 Thursday morning on their way to school, according to the Star Tribune. Read the full story here.
- According to CNN, Vladimir Putin and Russia are prepared to work with the United States under new Presidential elect Donald Trump and his administration.
- On Nov. 3 the Chapeco soccer team plane crashed on the way to the Copa Sudamericana final. Evidence points to the plane running put of fuel, killing 71, according to CNN. Find out more here.