Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.
Kylie Gregory | News Reporter
- Visit the Underground tomorrow for a productive discussion of same-sex relationships from 7-9 p.m.
- Tomorrow in the Eastlund room at 6 p.m., three teams of students in the Leadership Studies department will showcase their capstones! Treats provided!
- “Vote Shaming Letters” appeared in several Minnetonka homes the day before the election, stating which members of each neighborhood had voted in previous elections, according to the Star Tribune. Find more details here.
- A division of the U.S. State Department recently told Minnesota officials that the state will take in 2,505 refugees in 2017, as stated by Pioneer Press. Click here for more information on the process.
- The Army Corps released a statement saying that the Dakota Access Pipeline route would be denied, no longer leading it through Native American land. Read NBC’s full story here.
- Fatemah Al-Abed’s Twitter page disappeared after a final tweet stating that the Syrian army would soon capture her and her 7 year old daughter, Bana, according to NBC. Read more on #WhereIsBana here.
- Italians voted yesterday to make a decision that could force the prime minister’s resignation and even push Italy out of the EU. Click here for CNN’s explanation of the referendum.