Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.
CeCe Gaines | News Reporter
- Stop by the BC to support students from the art and design department as they sell handmade pottery from 11 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- Student Ministries is hosting Thrive, an event focused on the telling and celebration of students’ stories from 9 p.m.- 10 p.m.
- Don’t miss the 10:19 and 5:40 Jazz Orchestras as they play swingin’ favorites on the Egg from 7 p.m. -11 p.m. in BC!
The Canadian Pacific Holiday Train is making stops in the St. Paul area this weekend, according to the Pioneer Press. At every stop, the train gathers money and supplies for food shelves and local charities. Also, there will be live music and food for sale at stops. Click here to find out locations and times.
Are you looking for holiday gifts to give to family and friends? The Pioneer press has provided a holiday gift guide, with gifts made right here in St. Paul. Check them out here!
- With immigration as a hot topic of discussion during the election, 13 churches across Minnesota have agreed to open their doors to immigrants, whatever their circumstances, even those sought by law enforcement. Read the full Pioneer Press story here.
- Mike Zimmer was back at practice for the Vikings, and he was wearing a patch over his right eye, according to the Pioneer Press. Read the full story here.
National and World News
A Pakistan International Airlines plane crashed. All 47 on board were killed, including a Pakistani pop star. Read the full CNN report here.
- A breast cancer patient is livid after a Los Angeles International Airport TSA search, according to CNN. Watch the video here.
- ISIS hostage, John Cantlie appears in a new ISIS propaganda video recently recorded in Mosul, Iraq, Iraqi security officials told CNN. Watch the video here.
- President-elect Donald Trump talks about his Twitter habits here.