Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.
Anna Bauer | News Reporter
- Stop by the seminary today from noon to 1 for a time of devotions, discussion, and spiritual reflection with David Clark.
- Need to rent out a Bethel vehicle over J-term? Defensive Driving sessions will be held Jan. 3, 5, 19 and 31 at 11 a.m.
- The campus store is the place to be for taking care of last-minute details before leaving for Break! Pop in for J-term textbooks, graduation regalia, textbook rental returns and book buy-backs.
- According to the StarTribune, an unidentified woman was found dead in Highland Park in St. Paul on Dec. 12 around 11 a.m. It’s been speculated that she suffered from frostbite on account of not wearing weather-appropriate clothing, but police remain uncertain at this point. Read the story here.
- Paul firefighters burned down the 13 remaining houses in neighborhood Swede Hollows after more than 100 houses were condemned, according to the Pioneer Press. Read the full story here.
National and World News
- According to The New York Times, Donald Trump has elected Rex Tilerson, Exxon Mobil chief executive, to be the new U.S. Secretary of State on account of his successful business endeavors, but this has caused some concern regarding Tilerson’s past relationships with Russian leaders. Read the story here.
- An evacuation system has been established for remaining Syrian fighters, according to NBC. They are to be picked up early this morning, despite the lack of official agreement from the Syrian government. Finish reading the story here.
- Twelve individuals were arrested in India on account of not standing during the national anthem at a film festival, according to NBC. Read the rest of the story here.
0 comments on “Wednesday, Dec. 14”