Here are the top seven things you need to know this week.
By Molly McFadden
- An outdoor hockey game will be held Dec. 10 at 7 p.m. at St. Louis Park Recreation Center against St. Olaf. Bethel community members are also invited to an open skate before the game from 4:30-5:30 p.m. There will be a food truck available between the events.
- Health services is offering free take-home COVID-19 testing kits due to rising numbers and the tests’ anticipated expiration date at the end of January. The tests are now available to be picked up from health services.
- Swingin’ on the Egg will be held 7:30-10 p.m. Dec. 8. The free event will feature Bethel’s Jazz Orchestra, who will be performing “swingin’ favorites” throughout the night in the BC.
- This winter, Health Services will be providing flu vaccines and COVID-19 Bivalent booster vaccines. To schedule an appointment to receive one, Bethel Community members should call 651-638-6215.
- The Christmas Gala will be held on Dec. 10 from 7-11 p.m. at the Fillmore in Minneapolis. The dress is semi-formal, and there is bussing available for those attending.
- The last day of classes is Dec. 9. Study hard Royals, the end is near.
- It is almost finals, which means it is almost Christmas. Christmas countdown: 20 days.