Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.
Abby Petersen | News Editor
- Posters in the stairwells at Bethel prompted controversy Monday and Tuesday. Student Life took the posters down Tuesday morning. Read the story here.
- Head to the atrium in the Brushaber Commons Thursday at 7 p.m. for a celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month.
- Pop by the Fireside Lounge in the library Thursday at 10:20 a.m. for a presentation on chronic pain and itch.
- Jacob Wetterling‘s parents struggle to move on after the truth of their son’s murder came to light in September, according to the StarTribune. Read the full story here.
- Two people were killed in a car crash in Burnsville Monday night, according to the Pioneer Press. The crash came as a result of a man, unidentified by police, fleeing a hit-and-run. Read the story here.
National and World News
- Donald Trump lashed out via Twitter at the Republican party Tuesday after several Republican leaders withdrew support for his campaign, according to the Washington Post. Read the full story here.
- Hurricane Matthew caused the breach of eight dams in North Carolina this week, according to ABC News. Rescue efforts were still underway Tuesday for parts of the state. Read the story of one North Carolina town here.
- An Islamic State drone killed two Kurdish soldiers last week, causing some American military analysts to blame the Pentagon for slow response to drones in the fight against ISIS. Read the story from the New York Times here.
- Not sure if you’re registered to vote Nov. 8? The deadline for registration is Oct. 18 in Minnesota. Check here for more information on voting, candidates and issues.
Want to subscribe to Quick News? Click here.