Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.
Abby Petersen | News Editor
- Therapy Dogs will be on campus today from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Brushaber Commons! A coloring booth will be available outside of Student Life from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Drop by the bookstore to buy your books for interim beginning this week.
- The family of a University of Minnesota student whose son died of hypothermia in 2013 filed a federal lawsuit against the first responders, saying not every measure was taken to save his life, according to the StarTribune. Read more here.
- A woman was found dead near Highland Park area in St. Paul on Monday morning, according to the Pioneer Press. Read the full story here.
- MPR reported that blacks are more likely than whites to be ticketed during traffic stops in St. Paul. Read the full story here.
National and World News
- Republican legislature in Ohio passed two bills banning abortion after six weeks and another banning abortion after 20 weeks, according to The New York Times. Read here why a Trump presidency could shift abortion laws.
- Syrian troops pushed rebel forces in Aleppo down to the wire Monday and are inches away from taking full control of the city, according to The Washington Post. Read here about what this means for anti-Assad forces.